Please read the entire article.
Due to the increase number of reported positive cases of COVID across the state, the Pennsylvania Acting Secretary of Health has issued an order requiring all individuals to wear a face covering while inside our school buildings starting Tuesday, September 7, 2021 as a safety measure.
There are exceptions to wearing a face covering while inside our school buildings. Face covering are not required:
1. for an individual 2 years of age or younger.
2. for an individual engaged in an activity that cannot be performed while wearing a face covering, such as eating and drinking, playing an instrument that would be obstructed by the face covering.
3. for an individual participating in high intensity aerobic or anaerobic activities to include physical education classes, V.P.A. at the elementary school.
4. for an individual participating in a sports practice or game, whether inside or outside.
5. for an individual on school property outside of our school buildings
6. for an individual who is communicating with someone who is hearing impaired.
7. for an individual who is inside our school buildings and alone and isolated from interaction with others in-person.
8. for an individual who has submitted a medical excuse from a doctor to school administration or documentation through IDEA for students with disabilities to not to wear a face covering due to having a medical condition, or exacerbate an existing one, including a mental health condition or disability.
Note: Face Coverings are required on all school buses and vans.
As during the 2020-21 school year, a mask covering the nose and mouth is acceptable and a plastic face shield that covers the nose and mouth extending from forehead to chin is also acceptable.
The P.M.A.S.D. thanks you for your cooperation. Our goals is to keep us in school each day of the 2021-22 school year.
The entire order and explanation from the Pennsylvania Acting Secretary of Health is attached.